It is unfortunate for anyone to experience cancer. The hope is that someday there will be a cure for cancer; however, living with cancer does not have to be painful. Proper pain control is important in the terminally and non-terminally ill patient. As pain may slow your recovery from cancer treatment, it may also prevent you from spending valuable time with family and friends or participating in life-longed activities or milestones.
At Advanced Spine & Pain Interventions, Dr. Davis and Team will develop a plan specifically for your type of pain due to cancer. Cancer pain may be treated with medication (e.g., analgesics, also called “pharmacological pain relief”), without medication (e.g., non-drug treatments, also called “noninvasive measures”), with other treatments (e.g., surgery, radiation therapy, nerve blocks), or using a combination of methods.
Dr. Davis and Team will also develop a special relationship with your family members, oncologist and hospice care, if available, to help make your treatment go as smoothly, as possible. The advantages of treating cancer pain at Advanced Spine & Pain Interventions include:
- An In-House Pharmacy: so your pain medication is more likely available. No special ordering or waiting period to get your medication. Also there is a less likely chance of the medication running out because medications are in-house specifically for you.
- Interventional procedures that are provided in conjunction with oral medications to either help the medication work more effectively or reduce medication which may result in reduced side effects such as sedation, nausea, constipation and/or vomiting so you can quickly get back to enjoying life! Some interventional procedures include:
- Nerve Blocks: Which can block cancer pain that is often very debilitating
- Steroid Injections: Which can significantly reduce inflammation associated with cancer pain
- Intrathecal Pain Pumps: Which can also help reduce oral medications or allow for higher doses of pain medications to target the site of cancer pain without causing side effects of sedation, nausea, vomiting and/or constipation
Breakthrough Cancer Pain with Dr. Davis and Team at Advanced Spine & Pain Interventions.